Elegance on the Daily: Moondrop Kato Review

By ZD



My new daily driver IEMs are the Moondrop Kato and I absolutely love them! They don’t beat my prized Moondrop Blessing 3 in terms of sound imaging, soundstage, resolution, or overall technical performance however they have an easier sound signature to use more often unlike the Blessing 3 which sometimes can get a bit fatiguing and overly analytical. 

The Moondrop Kato has a great balance of more fun warmth in the sound while still retaining more than enough detail and soundstage to be audiophile quality enjoyable. My particular set is semi-customized comprised of a piece from their limited run Matte Steel and Dark Blue set. I had to buy two different sets causing the price of these to head into much more expensive territory but I just loved them that much! 

I have them outfitted with the brass nozzles (as opposed to the stock stainless steel nozzles) as I really enjoy the extra treble sparkle with the higher mids and lower treble tastefully lifted to perfectly compliment the beautiful sub bass these IEMs have. I also use them with Spinfit CP145 silicone tips which give me the best seal and comfort and I use the Tripowin C8 cable with a 2.5mm balanced termination plugged into my Qudelix 5K or FiiO Q3 MQA Edition DAC/Amp for a sound absolutely perfect my listening preferences and music library. 

They’re perfectly technical, elegant, and extravagant sounding without losing any character or fun by being overly analytical in its sound signature! Without making a crazy, more expensive version like I did; stock build they are absolutely one of the best Dynamic Driver IEM in their $200 price bracket in my opinion!




Disclaimer: All products reviewed on this page were purchased by the reviewer and all opinions and thoughts are their own. No compensation was given to the reviewer nor was copy approval given to the manufacturer or vendor.


Comments

Popular Posts